Pogust Goodhead provides a respectful inclusive and accessible service.
Measures to support accessibility
Pogust Goodhead takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of our website:
- Include accessibility as a part of our mission statement
- Integrate accessibility into our practices
- Appoint an accessibility team
- Provide continual accessibility training for all members of staff
- Include people will disabilities in our research and designs
As set out by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, we are required to improve accessibility for all clients who have specific requirements – it has three levels of conformance ranging from level A-AAA. Currently, Pogust Goodhead is partially conformant with WCAD 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that there are some parts of our web content that does not fully conform to the accessibility standard, but we are working hard behind the scenes to imminently be fully compliant.
At Pogust Goodhead, we welcome feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers by contacting us.
70 Mark Lane
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Currently, Pogust Goodhead is not compatible with any assistive technologies.
However, the Pogust Goodhead website is compatible with desktop browsers installed on Windows Vista or OS X 10.6 or later, including:
- Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox 2
- Opera 8 (with TLS 1.1 enabled)
- Google Chrome v5.0.342.0
- Safari 2.1
- Mobile Safari for iOS 4.0
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and later
- Windows Phone 7
Provide additional compatibility with older browsers/operating systems, such as Windows XP and Android 3.0 and earlier.
Pogust Goodhead is not compatible with any versions not listed above.
Pogust Goodhead relies on these technologies to work:
- TLS v1.3 (Latest version accepted)
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel
- Google Tag Manager
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts, there are a few limitations we have discovered, and we have listed potential solutions. (These are a few examples of limitations and their responses)
– Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
– Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 3 business days. Please contact email@example.com for support.
We will aim to respond to your feedback within 5 business days.
Formal Approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
- Pogust Goodhead’s CTO | CMO
- Our Marketing and Communications team
In the event that you are unhappy with any of our services or with any feedback we provide, you are entitled to formally raise a complaint. Pogust Goodhead’s complaint policy can be found here.
Whether you’re a client, journalist, NGO, political operative, or legal professional, we’re always happy to talk. If you require any help or advice, please get in touch with the Pogust Goodhead team.
If you are a client in the Mariana dam disaster claim, please click here to be redirected to the client portal.