Highlights include representing:
- A cedent in connection with a reinsurance arbitration relating to a settlement of claims under a Political Violence policy in respect of damage caused in Thailand during the May 2010 “Red Shirt” protests.
- London market insurers of an international financial institution in connection with a US$700 million unauthorized trading loss.
- The estate of a famous Chilean folk singer imprisoned, tortured and executed during Pinochet’s coup in 1973 in civil damages claim in the US.
- Liquidators in recovering €1 billion in insolvency litigation across Europe.
- An infrastructure fund in relation to losses suffered at a wind farm in Central America following local protests.
Matt spent 2018-2021 leading a team that provided pro bono representation to individuals in social security, employment and community care law; and another which brokered pro bono legal advice to small not-for-profit organisations.
Areas of Expertise
Access to justice
Pogust Goodhead, 2021 – present
Head of Not-for-Profits and Secondary Specialisation, LawWorks, 2018-2021
Associate, Chadbourne & Parke/ Norton Rose Fulbright (following a merger between the two firms), 2016-2018
Trainee solicitor, Chadbourne & Parke, 2014-2016
LLM (Distinction), University College London (UCL)
LPC and GDL, University of Law
BA (Hons) English Literature, University of Southampton
If you require any help or advice, please get in touch with the Pogust Goodhead team.